Sr. Product Manager - Archive Storage Security & Compliance
Archive Security & Compliance Storage Product Manager
FalconStor was founded in 2000 by a team of experts with decades of experience in storage networking and a track record of proven success. We have great pride in our rich history of technological innovation. This spirit is pervasive and drives us to develop better, more flexible, and more efficient solutions that address increasingly complex data management needs—today and well into the future.
Product Management is responsible for the cross-functional management of products or solutions through their entire lifecycle. Using a wealth of technical and industry experience, we work across functional areas to implement our products or solutions. We undertake thorough analysis of the markets to ensure we maximize profitability and adjust our product strategies to respond to competition. Our role also involves acting as subject matter experts for internal and external product events or partner meetings.
- Manages products/features through their entire life cycle, and supports decisions regarding enhancements throughout the lifecycle until product End of Life (EOL)
- Prioritizes features and specifications, applying budget, timeline and other constraints
- Supports business case for enhancements or new products
- Leads requirements gathering and management; provides simple interpretation
- Collaborates with other Product Managers, BU Leaders and Engineering/R&D leaders to align product strategies into comprehensive portfolios for the BU
- Reviews product/solution evaluation metrics from multiple sources and ensures they are incorporated in future versions
- Supports preparation for external and internal product events Essential Requirements
- Strong understanding of Security & Compliance landscape (Encryption, Federal Certifications, Authentication, etc.)
- Strong technology/engineering skills relating to design, test and quality
- Strong understanding of business goals and objectives as they relate to customer use cases and solutions
- Understands competitors and their products as well as potential partner relationships for the product along with Business Development • Enterprise Storage protocols, such as iSCSI, FC, NFS, CIFS, Object, NVMe, SAS, LTO, etc. • Security & Compliance standards (FIPS, APL, KMIP, TLS, etc.)
- Strong written and verbal communications skills with the ability to explain complex technology concepts into simple and intuitive communications
- 8+ years of related experience in a professional role with a Bachelor’s degree; or 6+ years with a Master’s degree; or 3+ years with a PhD; or equivalent experience
- Familiarity with data/document retention for compliance, regulatory, eDiscovery, & GDPR
- Ability to travel in order to support customer events, executive briefings, and trade shows
- Ability to present to both technical and non-technical audiences
FalconStor is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at FalconStor are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. FalconStor will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. FalconStor encourages applicants of all ages.
Email your resume to: Marketing@FalconStor.com