Sr. Container Storage Engineer (5 openings)
FalconStor was founded in 2000 by a team of experts with decades of experience in storage networking and a track record of proven success. We have great pride in our rich history of technological innovation. This spirit is pervasive and drives us to develop better, more flexible, and more efficient solutions that address increasingly complex data management needs—today and well into the future.
We’re looking for a Sr. Container Storage Engineer – Kubernetes / Docker / Container Technologies.
You will help design and develop solutions built using FalconStor software, third party vendor and open source software products. In this role, you will work closely across the team and with FalconStor’s Engineering, and Marketing teams, to develop, demonstrate and deploy microservices/containerized long-term archival and data preservation capabilities.
You will be participating in technical architecture and design discussions on deploying Kubernetes, RedHat OpenShift or Docker Enterprise Edition based Archive as a Service (AaaS) infrastructure.
You will be responsible for demonstrating the merits of your AaaS solution by developing use case demos, integrations with other enterprise software stacks (Hypervisors, IT Management tools, Provisioning tools and Service Management platforms).
- Experience and enjoyment working remotely/working from home, and working across broad time zones with associated collaboration tools
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science (minimum)
- A minimum 8 years of experience in software development
- Strong fluency in C, modern C++, and system/kernel level programming on Linux
- Expert knowledge in Linux/SUSE internals
- Strong understanding on Linux file systems, device driver, network, etc.
- Development experience through S3 API with AWS or Azure cloud interfaces and tools
- Experience with C++, Go, Python, or other programming languages in any Cloud development is a plus
- Container Technologies
- Hand on experience in Enterprise and Cloud Storage and Archival
- Hands on experience in setting up Containers based environment using Kubernetes (Open source, Docker or RedHat Openshift)
- Sound understanding of Kubernetes concepts (PODS, Daemon sets), Container storage (options for stateful and stateless), Container networking technologies
- Hands on experience in systems administration and troubleshooting in a Linux or Windows based OS environment
- Knowledge of enterprise grade storage backend technologies for Container environments
- Hands on experience with scripting/automation tools (Python, Chef, Ansible, Powershell, Unix shell scripting)
- Knowledge of typical enterprise use cases for Container technologies
- Data center Infrastructure
- Knowledge of datacenter infrastructure products, and experience with racking/stacking infrastructure equipment
- Knowledge of data center infrastructure management tools such as monitoring tools, incident management, network management (for example – HPE Oneview, Nagios, CA/BMC Tools, ServiceNow)
- Basic knowledge of enterprise storage and network technologies
- Basic knowledge of data center infrastructure design principles for high availability, redundancy, multi tenancy and security
- Comfortable working in the command line on a Linux/Windows OS environment
Education and Certifications –
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Sciences or related disciplines
- Minimum 8 years of working experience programming for Enterprise and Cloud Storage
- (Optional) Industry certification in data center infrastructure (ITIL), Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA), Docker or RedHat certifications related to Containers
Desired Qualities –
- Active Listener with the ability to translate complex/ambiguous problem statements into actionable tasks
- Excellent verbal and written English language communication skills
- Driven, self-motivated and independent thinker – identifies multiple solutions to a given problem, and describes the merits/pitfalls of each
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to collaborate with the team, peers, and share knowledge with others
- Technical writing and blogging skills
- Be comfortable with change as an opportunity to thrive
0 % – Domestic and International
Candidate must be authorized to be employed in the United States of America without requiring sponsorship for a work visa now or in the future.
We offer –
- A competitive salary and extensive social benefits
- Diverse and dynamic work environment
- Work-life balance and support for career development
- An amazing life inside the element! Want to know more about it?
FalconStor is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at FalconStor are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. FalconStor will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. FalconStor encourages applicants of all ages.
Email your resume to: Engineering.Jobs@FalconStor.com