Virtual Tape Library with Deduplication for the Fastest, Most Scalable Backup
Ultra-fast, reliable backup and deduplication
There is a reason why FalconStor® Virtual Tape Library (VTL) is the industry's market-leading virtual tape solution: It provides enterprise-level disk-based backup and deduplication to organizations of all sizes at the fastest available speeds. FalconStor VTL optimizes backup speed, performance, and reliability without interrupting existing backup environments, minimizing backup windows and making data more available and secure.
- Flexible, policy-based deduplication: Inline, post-process, concurrent, or no deduplication
- Fastest backup speeds: Up to 5.8TB/hr
- Fastest deduplication speeds: Up to 40TB/hr
- Enhanced replication ensures efficient bandwidth usage in LAN and WAN environments
- Global deduplication scales to over 2PB of usable storage
- High-availability (HA) cluster configurations for large enterprises
- Sophisticated physical tape integration; automated, non-disruptive direct tape export
- Replication with Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) encryption
- Federal Information Processing Standards (FIPS) compliance support
Optimized, high-performance disk backup
By offering ultra-fast backup of up to 1.6GB/sec (5.8TB/hr), FalconStor VTL addresses the single biggest backup challenge: the backup window. When eight appliances are combined into one logical unit, speeds accelerate to 12.8GB/sec. Combined with high-speed protocols such as 8Gb Fibre Channel (FC) and 10Gb Ethernet, FalconStor VTL can sustain deduplication speeds of up to 40TB/hr – the fastest in the industry.
Highly flexible, FalconStor VTL enables you to set customized policies for deduplication, replication, and archiving. You can select from up to four deduplication types – inline, post-process, concurrent, or no deduplication – on a per-job basis.Review and download specifications>>>
Global deduplication ensures availability with efficiencyFalconStor VTL ensures the availability of critical data. It replicates data from across the globe to a central clustered repository of unique, deduplicated data. WAN-optimized replication ensures fast and reliable backup and recovery while reducing bandwidth requirements. Global deduplication simplifies storage management and reduces capacity requirements by up to 95%, shrinking the storage footprint at the data center.
Secure backup, recovery, and archivingFalconStor VTL provides support for a broad range of systems, tapes, and tape libraries, including Symantec OST environments. FalconStor VTL ensures the safety and security of critical data through features such as extended tape management, encryption with Advanced Encryption Standard (AES), tape shredding, and Federal Information Processing Standards (FIPS) compliance support.
Flexible deployment options
FalconStor VTL is available in a variety of form factors, providing enterprise-class functionality to customers ranging from small-to-medium businesses (SMB) to large global enterprises with multiple remote and branch offices (ROBO).
- FalconStor VTL Virtual Appliances: for SMB/ROBO environments leveraging VMware technology
- FalconStor VTL Storage Appliances: all-in-one appliances for the SMB/ROBO and midmarket
- FalconStor VTL Gateways: for the midmarket and enterprise, offering high-availability (HA) clustered deduplication
- FalconStor VTL IBM Series: built on IBM servers and IBM storage to support IBM midmarket environments
- FalconStor VTL Hitachi Series: built on Hitachi servers and Hitachi Unified Storage to support Hitachi midmarket and enterprise environments
Which FalconStor VTL edition is right for you?>>>
Evaluate FalconStor VTL
Test-drive the industry-leading FalconStor VTL solution. Try it free for 30 days. Download the FalconStor VTL Virtual Appliance trial today.30-day live trial>>>