MODERNIZE YOUR IBM I BACKUP ENVIRONMENT
With StorSafe VTL, you can modernize your backup operations without needing to change your existing backup operations or procedures. It’s 100% compatible, easy to use, and battle tested. You can land your data on disk first, enabling faster throughput and faster restores, and use StorSafe to write to tape or to eliminate tapes entirely by using cloud object storage for offsite data protection.
Meet the backup window with blazing fast 40TB/hour speeds
StorSafe VTL archives data with no impact to application servers or business continuity and offers the best price/performance ratio on the market at 3X-6X of competing solutions.
Leverage FalconStor as a trusted partner
FalconStor is committed to engagement with the strong and passionate IBM i user community through user group sponsorships and relationships with technology partners and Managed Service Providers that serve the community.
Download our white paper to better understand how StorSafe VTL is used as a backup target for IBM i environments. For too long, the standard method of backing up IBM i systems has been to use a locally attached tape drive or library. The result is reduced performance due to limited backup streams, excessive manual tape handling, and no way to secure data offsite. StorSafe takes aim at that to increase the speed of backup, drive faster restore, and drive out the headache and cost of tape.
StorSafe can non-disruptively replace tape backup in a disk-to-disk (D2D) format to accelerate backup/recovery processes and improve operational efficiency. The advantages are significant: integration with native backup tools, IPL bare-metal recovery from virtual or physical tape, and direct physical tape support with encryption to maximize secure operations. Using StorSafe reduces both operational and media costs while increasing performance levels to meet stringent application recovery service level agreements (SLAs) and to maximize return on investment (ROI).
- VTL 10 Overview
- FAQ: Virtual Tape Library with Deduplication
- WHITE PAPER: Virtual Tape Library with Deduplication
- WHITE PAPER: Virtual Tape Library with Deduplication Best Practices Guide
- Using FalconStor VTL as a Backup Target for IBM i
- WHITE PAPER: High-Performance Backup in Enterprise Environments by Evaluator Group
- VIDEO: High-Performance Backup in Enterprise Environments by Evaluator Group
- Virtual Tape Library with Deduplication Storage Appliance
- Virtual Tape Library Cluster / Single Instance Repository Deduplication Gateway
- VTL 10 Data Sheet (Korea Only)