MODERNIZE YOUR IBM I BACKUP ENVIRONMENT
With 80% of IBM i customers still using tape as a primary backup strategy, look to FalconStor to help you orchestrate your backup and archive for IBM i environments. By using FalconStor VTL as a backup target for IBM i infrastructure, you can reduce operational and media costs while increasing performance levels to meet stringent application recovery SLAs and maximize ROI.
- Set it and forget it. With FalconStor VTL, you can modernize your backups today without needing to replace retiring IBM i skilled staff. It’s so easy to use and so reliable, you’ll be able to protect and recover your data without the need for expensive, specialized skills.
- Meet the backup window with blazing fast 40TB/hour speeds. FalconStor VTL archives data with no impact to application servers or business continuity and offers the best price/performance ratio on the market at 3X-6X of competing solutions.
- Leverage FalconStor as a trusted partner. FalconStor is committed to engagement with the strong and passionate IBM i user community through user group sponsorships and relationships with technology partners that serve the community.
Download our white paper to discover how FalconStor VTL is used as a backup target for IBM i environments. For too long, the standard method of backing up IBM i systems has been with a locally attached tape drive or library. The result is reduced performance due to limited backup streams, excessive manual tape handling, and no way to secure data offsite.
FalconStor VTL can non-disruptively replace tape backup in a disk-to-disk (D2D) format to accelerate backup/recovery processes and improve operational efficiency. The advantages our significant: integration with native backup tools, IPL bare-metal recovery from virtual or physical tape, and direct physical tape support with encryption to maximize secure operations. The result is reduced operational and media costs with increasing performance levels to meet stringent application recovery service level agreements (SLAs) and to maximize return on investment (ROI).
- VTL 10 Overview
- FAQ: Virtual Tape Library with Deduplication
- WHITE PAPER: Virtual Tape Library with Deduplication
- WHITE PAPER: Virtual Tape Library with Deduplication Best Practices Guide
- Using FalconStor VTL as a Backup Target for IBM i
- WHITE PAPER: High-Performance Backup in Enterprise Environments by Evaluator Group
- VIDEO: High-Performance Backup in Enterprise Environments by Evaluator Group
- Virtual Tape Library with Deduplication Storage Appliance
- Virtual Tape Library Cluster / Single Instance Repository Deduplication Gateway
- VTL 10 Data Sheet (Korea Only)