Highly Available Virtualized Storage Solution for Virtual and Physical Server Environments
FalconStor NSS virtualizes storage to enable business continuity
The FalconStor® Network Storage Server (NSS) is a scalable, highly available solution that enables storage virtualization and business continuity in heterogeneous environments. Supporting existing third-party disk arrays, FalconStor NSS eliminates storage boundaries and vendor lock-in, providing fast and easy data provisioning, mirroring, migration, snapshots, and WAN-optimized replication. With integrated support for Fibre Channel (FC), iSCSI, and FCoE protocols, FalconStor NSS provides the benefits of storage virtualization across any IT environment or budget.
- Optimize I/O performance: READ, WRITE, and replication
- Automated disaster recovery (DR) via RecoverTrac™ technology
- Migrate and move data across storage platforms without downtime
Performance and specifications
FalconStor NSS lets you consolidate and tier disk assets. Through advanced services such as thin provisioning, FalconStor NSS maximizes resource utilization to help you get the most ROI from storage investments. With thin provisioning, physical capacity is automatically allocated only when needed. This can be applied to primary storage, replica storage, and mirrored storage.Review and download specifications>>>
FalconStor NSS benefits VMware environments
FalconStor NSS integrates with and enhances VMware technologies such as VMware vSphere, VMware View, and VMware vCenter Site Recovery Manager. Support of VMware vStorage APIs for Array Integration (VAAI) extends VMware integration into any storage environment and optimizes VMware deployments with comprehensive, flexible storage virtualization and data protection functionality. Preconfigured FalconStor NSS Virtual Appliances enable iSCSI SAN services on the direct-attached storage (DAS) resources of VMware ESX Server for affordable, advanced data protection.
- Certified for VMware vCenter Site Recovery Manager
- Heterogeneous support lets you use SANs of different vendors, reducing VMware vCenter Site Recovery Manager deployment constraints and costs
- Turns internal disk into a shareable storage pool without requiring expensive storage arrays, SAN switches, and host bus adapters (HBAs)
- Enable advanced VMware features such as vMotion, High Availability, and Distributed Resource Scheduler
- VMware VAAI support enables storage vMotion and data mobility across different storage protocols and vendor arrays.
FalconStor NSS benefits Hyper-V environments
FalconStor NSS integrates with Microsoft Hyper-V server virtualization by adding a storage virtualization layer to create a complete virtualized environment. Its flexible, scalable architecture is of particular interest to growing organizations such as enterprise data centers, service providers, and cloud services.
By combining FalconStor snapshot functionality with Microsoft VSS technology, this solution provides application-aware data protection with instant granular recovery of volumes, applications, and objects.
- Protect Hyper-V virtual machines individually or grouped
- Recover files, e-mails, databases, volumes or entire virtual machines almost instantly
- One-click automated recovery for mission-critical servers to ensure business continuity
- Full-site disaster protection using replication and automated DR
- Facilitate data center management and optimization by simplifying migration of data, volumes, and Hyper-V virtual machines
Flexible deployment options
FalconStor NSS provides enterprise-level storage virtualization technology for organizations of all sizes. It is available in the form of storage appliances, gateway appliances that virtualize existing storage, and small-footprint virtual appliances for VMware environments, as well as HA appliances.
- FalconStor NSS Gateways: integrate with existing third-party storage of midmarket and enterprise organizations
- FalconStor NSS VS Series Appliances: HA appliances for the midmarket and enterprise
- FalconStor NSS Virtual Appliances: for ROBO environments leveraging VMware technology
Evaluate FalconStor NSS
Test-drive the industry-leading FalconStor NSS solution. Try it free for 30 days. Download the FalconStor NSS Virtual Appliance trial today.30-day live trial>>>