Cloud Data Protection
Cloud Service Providers
FalconStor Technology Drives Smart, Reliable Cloud Data Protection Services
Data protection in the cloud reduces costs and improves performance
Today, key business initiatives are to reduce infrastructure and services acquisition expenses, as well as operating costs. As a critical component of data center operations, data protection is one of the primary operations that can leverage cloud services to reduce costs and improve efficiencies.
FalconStor's approach to data protection in the cloud
Jointly with partners, FalconStor solutions enable data protection operations in the cloud to deliver backup and disaster recovery and help drive service-oriented data protection.
Our approach to data protection in the cloud is defined by three key objectives:
- Building targeted partnerships with cloud-based data protection service providers that utilize FalconStor solutions to provide backup and recovery services in the cloud. Some of FalconStor's cloud partners include HP Enterprise Services, nScaled, MapleTronics Computers, and GDL Consulting.
- Shaping the cloud services paradigm with other technology visionaries. FalconStor is a participating member of the TechAmerica Foundation Commission on the Leadership Opportunity in U.S. Deployment of the Cloud (CLOUD²) to advise the US government on how cloud technologies can be deployed and help define policies that can drive the U.S. leadership in cloud innovation.
- Delivering quality solutions by continually enhancing the scope and performance of our virtualization, backup, and recovery offerings to provide improved customer and partner satisfaction.
The FalconStor difference: data protection solutions that support virtually any IT environment
- Optimized backup operations eliminate the backup window and remove any impact on production systems, while ensuring the shortest recovery time objective and recovery point objective to minimize downtime and data loss.
- WAN-optimized replication reduces bandwidth requirements and the cost of remote replication, while minimizing the time needed to transmit the initial data and data changes to the cloud service provider.
- Replication between different SAN environments keeps infrastructure costs to a minimum, while enabling the highest possible service-level agreements (SLAs).
FalconStor Cloud Data Protection Partners
The following partners are leading organizations that have partnered with FalconStor to leverage our data protection technology to offer data protection services, such as backup and recovery in the cloud.
HP Enterprise ServicesUnder the terms of FalconStor’s managed services and reseller agreement, HP Enterprise Services employs FalconStor® Network Storage Server (NSS) software to create new disaster recovery and business continuity offerings for HP Business Continuity & Recovery Services (BCRS) customers. This agreement enables HP to add new heterogeneous replication services to the comprehensive offerings of HP BCRS as well as the full data protection capabilities of the FalconStor NSS solution.
nScaled provides cloud computing services to worldwide clients who work with highly sensitive data, including companies in the legal and financial services industries. nScaled licenses market-leading technologies from selected partners and integrates them with proprietary developments to streamline processes and simplify data center operations.
MapletronicsMapleTronics serves as a FalconStor reseller and a managed services provider (MSP) offering cloud storage solutions. MapleTronics resells the FalconStor® Network Storage Server (NSS) solution to customers requiring replication and offsite storage, and offers a service on the MSP side that includes the FalconStor® Continuous Data Protector (CDP) solution.
GDL ConsultingGDL Consulting provides a full range of cloud-based data protection services to business and organizations who prefer to outsource backup and disaster recovery as a cost-effective alternative. As part of a packaged offering, GDL integrates FalconStor products with third-party reporting tools, antivirus solutions, and other technologies, providing attractive solution options to GDL’s customer’s in healthcare, hospitality/hotels, and local municipalities.
Global Data VaultGlobal Data Vault is a leading provider of online backup and disaster recovery failover solutions. With FalconStor technology, Global Data Vault provides both local and remote recovery in a virtualized environment. Their solution offering includes an appliance that provides immediate local data recovery at the customer location. The company serves a large concentration of customers in New Orleans, LA, where disaster recovery is a big concern, along with more than 1,000 financial, healthcare, power/energy, and legal industry customers.
- Cost-effective DR in the Cloud
- Data Protection in the Cloud for Cost Effective DR
- Talking Cloud With Visionary FalconStor CEO Jim McNiel
- Data Protection as a Service
- The Blueprint for Cloud-Based Disaster Recovery: The Services Foundation
- The Cloud Means Business
- The Three Layers of Cloud Computing
Partner Case Study
What is CLOUD² and How is FalconStor Making a Difference
FalconStor Software executives – Bernie Wu, vice president of business development, and Chris Poelker, vice president of enterprise solutions – are participating in the TechAmerica Foundation Commission on the Leadership Opportunity in U.S. Deployment of the Cloud (CLOUD²). The commission is under a three-month mandate to provide the Obama Administration with recommendations for how the government should deploy cloud technologies and for public policies that will help drive U.S. innovation in the cloud and spur economic growth. CLOUD2 begins work today during its kickoff meeting in Washington, D.C.
As members of CLOUD², Wu and Poelker will serve as commissioner and deputy commissioner, respectively, and will work closely with other industry representatives focusing on cloud deployment issues. The FalconStor delegation brings to the discussion practical experience in designing and deploying cloud infrastructures using virtualization and data protection technologies in heterogeneous environments.