FALCONSTOR SEES QUICK RAMP OF FREESTOR ADOPTION
OEMs and Service Providers Jump to Offer, Integrate FreeStor
MELVILLE, N.Y., July 28, 2015 — FalconStor Software ® Inc. (NASDAQ: FALC), a 15-year innovator of software-defined storage solutions, has signed numerous new strategic partnerships with OEMs and service providers to integrate, resell, and launch new storage initiatives based on FalconStor’s new FreeStor™ platform.
FreeStor delivers value to partners in four primary ways: to transition legacy storage environments to modern paradigms like flash and cloud; to deliver common data services across disparate storage platforms; to store end user data in any location whether on-premise or in a private hosted cloud facility; and a subscription pricing model that allows the user to pay-as-they-grow, based on capacity, eliminating the unpredictability of capacity expansion and renewal costs often associated with traditional storage platforms. These new competencies are being welcomed by OEM partners and service providers selling to enterprise customers.
In the first half of calendar 2015, companies adopting FreeStor and joining FalconStor’s partner ecosystem include:
- A leading US based all-flash storage array provider for midrange enterprises, is using FreeStor technology to deliver continuity and move data to, from, and across their arrays.
- A leading US based all flash array and hybrid array vendor has now private labeled FreeStor technology to enhance the data services within their array platform.
- Three Asia-based Flash Array vendors have chosen to OEM and deliver FreeStor technology as an integrated data services layer on their arrays under their own private label.
- An international cloud infrastructure vendor is now offering customers more sophisticated data services by integrating FreeStor technology into their platform. Roll out has already begun in the US and EMEA markets and will continue to roll out in Asian markets during the second half of 2015.
- A provider of business-critical services to small- and medium-sized businesses in Brazil, has implemented FreeStor to expand its disaster recovery services within their own internal infrastructure, as well as reselling FreeStor to customers throughout Brazil looking for a new approach to data services with the ability to work across disparate systems and environments.
- A global solution provider based in France, is integrating FreeStor technology to deliver data protection solutions and infrastructure.
- A large telecommunications and service provider in Europe, is using FreeStor technology to deliver data protection, recovery, business continuity and data migration services.
- The largest telecommunications and service provider in Latin America is using FreeStor to deliver unified data services as part of their infrastructure and cloud service offerings to their customers.
“Working with these new partners has been fantastic. Their quick adoption of our FreeStor platform illustrates the value we are delivering. More importantly, it is solving real business problems for these partners while helping many of them drive new revenue streams.” said Gary Quinn, FalconStor's President and CEO. “FreeStor is enabling us to more effectively target new market segments. Those who safeguard their clients’ data, those that need to support diverse customer infrastructures, and those who provide storage hardware choose FreeStor for its unified approach to data services. This is just the beginning as we tap into the fast evolving software defined storage marketplace”
FreeStor's horizontal architecture unlocks a new world of storage opportunities, allowing users to optimize storage infrastructures, deliver common data services and lower costs, while allowing users to take advantage of cloud, hybrid cloud, flash storage and Software-Defined Storage. A groundbreaking Intelligent Abstraction™ layer approach delivers seamless access and unified data services across entire storage infrastructures regardless of storage type, vendor or location. Organizations can now add new technology with less disruption, and without being forced to abandon previous investments. Always-on availability and continuity keep businesses running while enabling them to move, synchronize and protect data seamlessly across virtual and physical storage platforms. To learn more about FreeStor visit http://freestor.net or contact a FalconStor partner.
FalconStor® Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: FALC) is a leading software-defined storage company offering a converged data services software platform that is hardware agnostic. Our open, integrated flagship solution FreeStor™ reduces vendor lock-in and gives enterprises the freedom to choose the applications and hardware components that make the best sense for their business. We empower organizations to modernize their data center with the right performance, in the right location, all while protecting existing investments. FalconStor’s mission is to maximize data availability and system uptime to ensure nonstop business productivity while simplifying data management to reduce operational costs. Our award-winning solutions are available and supported worldwide by OEMs as well as leading service providers, system integrators, resellers and FalconStor. The company is headquartered in Melville, N.Y. with offices throughout Europe and the Asia Pacific region. For more information, visit www.falconstor.com or call 1-866-NOW-FALC (866-669-3252).
# # #
FalconStor and FalconStor Software are trademarks or registered trademarks of FalconStor Software, Inc., in the U.S. and other countries. All other company and product names contained herein may be trademarks of their respective holders.