FalconStor Announces StorSafe
Dan Frith www.penguinpunk.net
Remember FalconStor? You might have used its VTL product years ago? Or perhaps the Network Storage Server product? Anyway, it’s still around, and recently announced a new product. I had the opportunity to speak to Todd Brooks (CEO) and David Morris (VP Products) to discuss StorSafe, something FalconStor is positioning as “the industry’s first enterprise-class persistent data storage container”.
What Is It?
StorSafe is essentially a way to store data via containers. It has the following features:
- Long-term archive storage capacity reduction drives low cost;
- Multi-cloud archive storage;
- Automatic archive integrity validation & journaling in the cloud;
- Data egress fee optimisation; and
- Unified Management and Analytics Console.
Persistent Virtual Storage Container
Read Dan's Full Article at PenguinPunk.net