VMware View SAN Acceleration Benefits
VMware View SAN Acceleration BenefitsVMware View is helping organizations improve their end user and IT administrator experience while lowering the acquisition and management costs of desktop deployments. Desktop infrastructure and operations consolidation is simplifying the way desktops are deployed and managed, and is providing a higher level of protection and security of user data.
FalconStor solutions for VMware View can help you improve the performance of your Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) environments while reducing storage costs and enhancing virtual desktop protection and recovery. For example, the FalconStor NSS SAN Accelerator for VMware View delivers the following benefits:
- VDI acceleration to mitigate the effect of any storage IO contention through SSD dynamic block read and write caching
- Reduces the cost of the VDI supporting storage infrastructure by delivering high-density, high-performance storage based on a mix of SATA and SSD storage resources
- Improves the VDI data protection and recovery by enabling end user self-service file-level recovery capability
The FalconStor NSS SAN Accelerator for VMware View employs snapshots, thin clones, replication and file-level protection to enable a three-tier data protection service:
- Entire VMware View environment – comprehensive, enterprise-class continuous data protection that allows IT managers to recover locally or from a DR site in the event of system-wide failure.
- All VMware View user data repositories – complete data protection for user data located within the VMware View environment and redirected folders on a separate NAS appliance.
- Self-service file-level recovery – users can recover their own individual files as needed, saving storage administrators significant time and expense.
Learn more about the product enabling this solution: