Enable Continuous Availability and Instant Recovery of Your Hyper-V Servers and Virtual Machines
Server virtualization deployments are becoming increasingly commonplace in larger enterprises and data centers. With the introduction of Hyper-V, Microsoft brings server virtualization to a broader segment of IT organizations and enables cost-effective consolidation of server infrastructures. FalconStor provides storage virtualization and data protection solutions for Microsoft Hyper-V environments. Its tight integration with Microsoft Windows Server 2008 and Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 with Hyper-V allows you to implement a fully virtualized, highly available, cost-effective infrastructure. With FalconStor software and Microsoft virtualization you can:
- Reduce Microsoft Hyper-V environment management costs with storage consolidation
- Enable continuous availability and instant recovery of your Microsoft Hyper-V servers and virtual machines
- Slash your DR costs with DR automation and WAN-optimized data replication
- Eliminate redundant data and shrink your backup repository by 95%
Enabling server virtualization with virtual storage
FalconStor® Network Storage Server (NSS) delivers an intelligent storage virtualization and provisioning platform that integrates with Microsoft Hyper-V to enable critical functions such as live virtual machine migration and Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 Failover Clustering and multi-site clusters. FalconStor NSS provides highly available, centralized, and heterogeneous storage virtualization which ensures complete vendor and storage technology independence while delivering high performance storage area networks (SAN) over both iSCSI and Fibre Channel (FC).
Cost-effective continuous availability
FalconStor NSS works seamlessly with Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 Failover Clustering to provide instantaneous disaster recovery (DR) over the wide-area network (WAN) in both physical server and Hyper-V virtual server environments. The solution provides integrated data protection, less expensive DR, and immediate recovery from server failure, including physical-to-virtual (P2V) recovery. FalconStor NSS software provides a real-time, WAN-optimized, software-based replication and multi-site failover solution with application integrity optimized for Microsoft virtual server environments. By integrating with both physical and virtual servers, FalconStor NSS enables automatic failover of business-critical applications running on geographically dispersed machines.
Optimized backup for Hyper-V environments
Backup operations can be even more challenging in a virtual environment than in a physical one. FalconStor backup optimization solutions integrate with Microsoft Hyper-V environments to deliver seamless, automated, and no-impact backup processes for Microsoft Hyper-V servers and virtual machines. Backup optimization and deduplication technology further enhance backup processes by accelerating backups and maximizing storage efficiency. This eliminates the impact of media and mechanical failures, enables longer retention of backup data on disk, and accelerates DR processes.
New Microsoft Windows 2008 R2 with Hyper-V and Windows 7 Support
- FalconStor® DiskSafe™ for Windows 64-bit and 32-bit
- FalconStor® FileSafe™ for Windows 64-bit and 32-bit
- FalconStor® DynaPath™ for Windows 64-bit
- FalconStor® Network Storage Server (NSS) 64-bit
- FalconStor® Continuous Data Protector (CDP) 64-bit
- FalconStor® Snapshot Agent for Microsoft VSS 64-bit
- FalconStor® Message Recovery for Exchange 64-bit
Microsoft Virtualization Solutions Resources
- Advanced Disaster Recovery (DR) for Microsoft Windows Clusters
- NSS for Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 Environments
Learn more about the products enabling these solutions: