Freedom from data copy proliferation and unprotected data
Watch now: FalconStor Deduplication Optimizes Backup for Big Data and Cloud Storage Strategies
FalconStor Optimized Backup and Deduplication combines industry-leading, award-winning FalconStor® Virtual Tape Library (VTL) and FalconStor® File Deduplication System (FDS) technologies into a single platform with a common user interface, for unified VTL and NAS deduplication. Using a single, centralized console, you can adjust deduplication processes for unsurpassed management flexibility, scalability, and performance.
Spend less, do more
FalconStor Optimized Backup and Deduplication brings immediate cost savings to any organization that needs high-performance access to data. The most immediate savings result from using significantly less disk space to store backup data. This can mean purchasing less disk capacity, or freeing up existing capacity and making it available for other uses. Beyond the initial cost savings, operational benefits can reduce costs over time. FalconStor Optimized Backup and Deduplication enhances backup performance and reliability, using disk mirroring to protect against local storage failure and WAN-optimized cascaded replication to protect against offsite disasters. A failover capability lets you recover data and respond to business requirements even if multiple nodes in a cluster fail.
- Clustering enables separate devices to be managed and used logically as a single data repository, supporting even the largest data requirements.
- Emulates over 50 popular tape libraries and 30 tape formats, which can be accessed over Fibre Channel (FC) or iSCSI.
- Provides a network file-share interface (NFS/CIFS) to the deduplication repository for simple file-level backup optimization
Improve backup processes and efficiencies
Optimized Backup and Deduplication minimizes storage capacity for the widest variety of business data, including databases, user-shared data, backups, archives, and virtual machine data. This improves efficiency and saves money—exactly what is needed when IT budgets are tight. The most immediate savings result from using significantly less disk space to store backup data. This can mean purchasing less disk capacity, or freeing up existing capacity and making it available for other uses. Beyond the initial cost savings, operational benefits reduce costs over time.
- Eliminate redundant data, shrink your backup repository by 95%
- Reduce storage requirements and maximize storage utilization
- Maintain tape backup processes while maximizing data retention on disk
- Enable cost-effective, high performance D2T and D2D backup operations
- Multi-site replication for instant recoverability of data
Optimized Backup & Deduplication Resources
- Backup Optimization & Deduplication
- VTL OpenStorage for Symantec NetBackup
- FalconStor Business Solutions
Read our backup optimization customer success stories:
- MetLife Korea utilizes FalconStor VTL to reduce disk backup requirements by an average of 40:1.
- Adventist Health System streamlines backup operations and data stores, cutting the backup window in half.
- Marten Transport uses FalconStor VTL to simplify backup operations and improve data retention times.
- SaskPower enjoys smaller backup windows, faster backups, and improved data efficiency using FalconStor VTL with Symantec OpenStorage.