Data is as critical an asset as capital and personnel in business today. Access to that data is a business imperative.
For some applications and data stores, downtime is not an option and data needs to be available at all times. Furthermore, industry analysts note that over 90% of businesses with IT infrastructures will experience data loss each year, with over 24% of those losses being catastrophic.
To properly protect businesses from loss of data access, IT departments need a flexible and affordable way to ensure continuity in today’s complex and often mixed environments. The FalconStor Business Continuity solution provides this flexibility along with the freedom of having data available when and where you need it.
FalconStor Business Continuity solutions include patented, award-winning clustering, storage virtualization, and automated disaster recovery (DR) technology to ensure local and remote access to data. The solution protects local resources such as email, web services, and databases from going down in the event of hardware or networking failure. This empowers IT departments with the freedom and flexibility to move services, applications, or virtual machines quickly between floors, between server and storage platforms, and even between sites up to 100 kilometers apart (distance is latency dependent).
For intelligent storage virtualization and provisioning, FalconStor Business Continuity enables you to consolidate storage resources into a virtual pool for simple and centralized management with flexibility and freedom from vendor lock-in:
- Consolidate storage management operations
- Reduce primary storage capacity requirements by 50%
- Cut storage capital investment by 75% with Thin Provisioning
- Avoid costly vendor lock-in
- Leverage low-cost hardware with enterprise-class data services
- Migrate data seamlessly between tiers to minimize costs
Intelligent, flexible storage virtualization and disaster recovery
Built upon FalconStor® Network Storage Server (NSS) technology, FalconStor Business Continuity offers powerful, intelligent storage provisioning and storage virtualization, as well as a full set of application-aware data protection services, including real-time synchronous mirroring, volume snapshots, and WAN-optimized replication across multiple platforms. This ensures that all components are redundant and can seamlessly react to any form of disruption, for business continuity. An open architecture facilitates lower-cost hardware deployments at the DR site, including the ability to leverage existing resources. Integration with VMware and Microsoft Hyper-V virtualization environments enables seamless operational failover between sites and fast, cost-effective physical-to-virtual (P2V) recovery.
FalconStor technology provides the high availability required for critical applications. Our "always-on" approach to storage management ensures no single point of failure and delivers the highest level of data availability and integrity. Application-aware data protection tools provide quicker and fully accurate recovery options for systems and application data.
This solution can help you consolidate storage resources, better leverage IT investments, and arm you with the flexibility to expand your storage infrastructure according to specific price and performance needs. This gives you the freedom to create an integrated, cost-efficient, multi-tiered storage environment.
Download business continuity solution briefs:
- Victoria College ensures continuity and disaster recovery with FalconStor technologyBank of Anshan minimizes costs and fulfills its data protection objectives using FalconStor solutions
- Beijing Cancer Hospital uses FalconStor technology to protect critical medical data and ensure fast recovery
- Greater London Authority tames data growth and cuts local disaster recovery time from days to hours
- Navig8 relies on FalconStor solutions for continuous availability of its mission-critical data and applications
- Sabah Credit Corporation shrinks recovery point objectives (RPO) and recovery time objectives (RTO)
- Sega Toys uses FalconStor technology to protect ever-increasing data volumes while minimizing IT workloads
Read about the products enabling our business continuity solutions: