FalconStor Optimized Backup & Deduplication 8.0
Improve Backup Operations, Shrink the Backup Window and Storage Footprint
The FalconStor Optimized Backup & Deduplication solution combines industry-leading VTL technology and NAS functionality into one unified, simple-to-use platform, providing disk-based backup and deduplication at the fastest available speeds. This solution improves backup performance and reliability without interrupting existing backup environments, minimizing backup windows and making data more available and secure. The latest version offers enhancements that can expand capacity behind a single node far greater than any other solution of its kind, while maintaining high performance levels. This gives you the freedom to improve backup operations, shrink backup windows, and lower storage requirements, all from a single system.
- Flexible, policy-based deduplication: Inline, post-process, concurrent, or no deduplication
- True edge-to-core deduplication reduces storage capacity by as much as 95%
- Consistent backup speeds: Up to 11.2TB/hr
- Fastest deduplication speeds: Up to 94TB/hr
- Cascaded, WAN-optimized replication ensures the most efficient bandwidth usage
- Global deduplication scales to over 2PB of usable storage
- High-availability (HA) cluster configurations for large enterprises
- Sophisticated physical tape integration; automated, non-disruptive direct tape export
Freedom to do more with less
Vendor-agnostic and easy to deploy and manage, this solution is certified with all leading backup and archiving applications including NFS/CIFS and Symantec OpenStorage (OST), enabling you to leverage existing storage infrastructure investments without requiring a forklift upgrade. Global deduplication simplifies storage management and reduces capacity requirements by up to 95%, shrinking storage requirements and associated costs.
Freedom of flexibility
FalconStor Optimized Backup & Deduplication supports a broad range of systems, tapes, and tape libraries. Highly flexible, this solution enables you to set customized policies for deduplication, replication, and archiving. You can select from up to four deduplication types – inline, post-process, concurrent, or no deduplication – on a per-job basis based on your organization’s requirements and infrastructure.
Freedom of availability
Through a centralized management GUI, FalconStor Optimized Backup & Deduplication ensures the availability of all critical data. It replicates data from across the globe to a central clustered repository of unique, deduplicated data. WAN-optimized replication ensures fast and reliable backup and recovery while reducing bandwidth requirements.
Freedom from backup windows
By offering ultra-fast backup of up to 11.2 TB/hr to a single node, FalconStor Optimized Backup & Deduplication addresses the single biggest backup challenge: the backup window. Combined with high-speed protocols such as 8Gb Fibre Channel (FC) and 10Gb Ethernet, this solution delivers consistent, sustained deduplication speeds that can shorten backup windows by 65% or more.
Freedom of security
Many organizations today are mandated to archive data for a length of time. The Optimized Backup & Deduplication solution makes this process easy while ensuring the safety and security of critical data through features such as extended tape management, encryption with Advanced Encryption Standard (AES), tape shredding, and Federal Information Processing Standards (FIPS) compliance support.
Flexible deployment options
FalconStor Optimized Backup & Deduplication is available in a variety of form factors, providing enterprise-class functionality to customers ranging from midsized organizations to large global enterprises with multiple remote and branch offices (ROBO).
- FalconStor Optimized Backup Appliances: All-in-one appliances for the ROBO and midmarket
- FalconStor Optimized Backup Gateways: For the midmarket and enterprise, offering high-availability (HA) clustered deduplication
- FalconStor Optimized Backup - IBM Series: Built on IBM servers and IBM storage to support IBM midmarket environments
- FalconStor VTL 7.5 - Hitachi Series: Built on Hitachi servers and Hitachi Unified Storage to support Hitachi midmarket and enterprise environments
Which edition is right for you?>>>
Evaluate FalconStor Optimized Backup & Deduplication
Test-drive this solution. Contact FalconStor to request a demo.Request a demo>>>