Data Deduplication (13)
We recently introduced the FalconStor IBM Series product offering which gives IBM Business Partners the opportunity to provide significant business value to your customers by filling a very critical market need – addressing the data protection requirements of your customer’s organization, while helping to improve their overall bottom line.
FalconStor is an industry leader in deduplication flexibility, scalability, high availability and performance, and is the only vendor that offers the unique ability to select the type of deduplication that works best for your customers.
"In the six years we've been partners with FalconStor, our clients have had nothing but praise for the FalconStor VTL backup and deduplication solution. Many of them have been asking for an IBM-based appliance for some time," said Ken Scott, director of storage sales for Cima Solutions Group. "The FalconStor VTL IBM Series appliance addresses the needs of small to medium-size businesses... With this new appliance, we can serve the IBM-based midmarket more effectively – shortening sales cycles and getting customers up and running faster."
Why is the FalconStor IBM Series deduplication feature best in the market?
- Your clients can complete their backup within the window, keeping it as short as possible with industry leading backup performance
- Your clients will be able to grow with their data – they will have the comfort of knowing they will not be forced into expensive, time consuming, equipment swapouts when they need more capacity. They can buy what they require now and upgrade later.
- Reduce cost of storing long term archive date and defer backup server upgrade costs by offloading work from the backup server with tape integration
Here is what one satisfied customer had to say:
"FalconStor VTL with integrated deduplication has enabled us to save storage space, hardware, energy, and time, while reducing backup windows and enabling high availability. The most amazing part is that we have managed to store 180TB of security copies in 30TB of physical space."
-- Leticia Bernardo González, Administrator of Distributed Systems, Grupo Antolin
Register for a webinar on October 8th for IBM Business Partners to learn more about the solution and how to sign up to sell the new FalconStor IBM Series. Just click here and you will be able to sign up for the webinar or just learn more about the FalconStor solution and partner program.
FalconStor has a promotion running through yearend that will allow your customers to get 6TB of storage free for every 6TB purchased.
If you would like to contact someone at FalconStor directly, please send an email to Phil Mandato at Philip.firstname.lastname@example.org.
FalconStor recently announced a deduplication offering on IBM Server and Storage technology that fills a critical need among Midmarket customers to reduce storage requirements and accelerate backup operations. While many enterprise customers have already implemented deduplication solutions, the majority of midmarket customers are still in need of solutions to help manage exploding data growth. FalconStor is a publicly traded software company and an IBM Business Partner providing storage and deduplication solutions; and FalconStor recently announced the FalconStor VTL IBM Series product offering designed explicitly to bring enterprise class dedupe capabilities to IBM midmarket customers. This fills a critical market need and provides you the opportunity to grow your IBM storage revenue in Midmarket while providing your clients significant business value.
Why should you take the time to learn more?
- There is a critical market need to help midmarket customers manage exploding storage volumes
- You will have a dedupe solution to sell IBM midmarket customers, including IBM i
- It will provide you a competitive advantage in the market
- You can leverage your existing investment in IBM Storage resources and skills
- FalconStor has an extremely lucrative partner program
Why should you act now?
- FalconStor has a promotion running through yearend that will allow your customers to get 6TB of storage free for every 6TB purchased
What is the next step?
Register for a webinar for IBM Business Partners to learn more about the solution and how to sign up to sell the new FalconStor IBM Series. Just click on the “Register Now” link to sign up for the webinar of your choice:
|September 24, 2013||Register Now|
|October 08, 2013||Register Now|
|November 12, 2013||Register Now|
|October 22, 2013||Register Now|
|November 19, 2013||Register Now|
|December 10, 2013||Register Now|
If you would like to contact someone at FalconStor directly to learn more about the FalconStor solution and partner program, please send an email to Phil Mandato at email@example.com
Now, let’s see how FalconStor deduplication solutions address each of these important decision elements.
Flexibility – FalconStor® Virtual Tape Library (VTL) allows backup administrators to fully align deduplication policies with business goals by letting them choose the method that best meets their specific requirements.
- Inline deduplication has the primary benefit of minimizing storage requirements.
- Post-process deduplication is ideal when the key goal is to back up as quickly as possible or to create off-site tape copies when replication is not available.
- Concurrent deduplication is similar to post-processing but starts as soon as the first set of data has been written and runs concurrently with backup. This is highly suitable for clustered VTL environments. Because replication starts sooner, data can be quickly recovered from a remote site.
- No deduplication can be used on data that does not deduplicate effectively or on data that is exported to physical tape. Examples include image files and pre-compressed or encrypted data. Selectively “turning off” deduplication saves deduplication cycles and focuses on deduplicating data that yields the highest ratios and value.
Deduplication is important because industry-standard backup practices inherently create large amounts of duplicate data because the backup system repeatedly copies the same data to secondary storage. By eliminating duplication, companies can keep more data online longer at significantly lower costs and reduce secondary storage requirements.
Here are elements to consider when looking at a deduplication system:
Some data yields better deduplication results than others, so a deduplication solution should allow backup administrators to align deduplication policies with business goals by letting them choose the method that best meets their specific requirements. These options include the following:
- Inline deduplication has the primary benefit of minimizing storage requirements. It is ideal for small storage configurations or environments where immediate replication is desired.
- Post-process deduplication is ideal when the key goal is to back up as quickly as possible. As its name implies, it occurs after the backup process completes, thus it can be scheduled to run at any time.
- Concurrent deduplication is similar to post-processing, but starts as soon as the first set of records has been written and runs concurrently with backup. Deduplication engines start working immediately, making full use of available CPU resources. This is highly suitable for clustered VTL environments. Replication starts sooner, so data can be quickly recovered from a remote site. One good practice is to use flexible deduplication policies to leverage post-process deduplication for the initial backup (for speed) and then switch to inline for subsequent backups.
- No deduplication is for data that does not deduplicate effectively or is exported to physical tape. Examples include image files and pre-compressed or encrypted data. Selectively turning off deduplication saves CPU cycles and focuses on deduplicating the data that yields the highest ratios and value.
Page 1 of 2